1. Name : Chii-Ruey.啟瑞
2. Last name : Lin林
3. Present address:
President Office,Minghsin University of Science and Technology 1,Xinxong Rd., Xingfeng, Hsinchu 30401, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Telephone: +886-3-559-3142 Ext.2115
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or President@ must.edu.tw
4. Educational Qualifications 學歷
Sl.No. Degree University Subjects 1 Junior College / 專科 National Taipei Institute of Technology, Taiwan, R.O.C台北工專五專畢業. Mechanical Engineering 2 B.Sc(H) / 學士 National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, R.O.C.台灣技術學院機械系畢業 Mechanical Engineering 3 M.Sc / 碩士 National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, R.O.C..台灣技術學院機械所畢業 Mechanical Engineering 4 Ph.D / 博士 Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan, R.O.C.交通大學機械博士 Mechanical Engineering
5. Other Technical / Professional Experience/Attainments 重要榮譽與經歷
i. 俄羅斯國際工程院通訊院士 / A corresponding member of “Russia International Academy of Engineering”
ii. 美國德州大學阿靈頓分校訪問學者 / A visiting professor of University of Texas at Arlington
iii. 台灣工程科技與應用醫學學會理事長 / Chair person of Taiwan Engineering Technology and Applied Medicine Association
iv. 國際期刊 “Health Technology” 主編 / Editor in Chief of international Journal :Health Technology”
v. 國立台北科技大學傑出校友 / A distinguished Alumni of National Taipei University of Technology. (NTUT).
vi. 中國機械工程學會傑出機械工程教授 / A distinguished Professor of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society.
vii. 台灣科技大學傑出校友 / A distinguished Alumni of National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. (NTUST).
viii. 台北科技大學機電學院院長六年，及副校長六年半 / As a Vice-President and Dean of College of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering /Faculty from 2011, from February 1, 2011 till now with NTUT(National Taipei University of Technology).
ix. 教育部RFID推動辦公室主任(總經費:二億元/四年) / As a Director of RFID Promotion Office of Ministry of Education.(2007~2011)
x. As an Associate Chairperson of “Joint Commission of Technological & Vocational College Admission Committee” (2011~)
xi. As a Dean of College of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering /Faculty from 2006, February till 2006 July with NTUT.
xii. As a Chairperson of Department of Mechanical l Engineering /Faculty from 2011, August till 2000 with NTUT.
xiii. Earned the Hiwin Technology Paper Award from 2006-2008 and ACER Foundation Award.
xiv. As the 2006, 2007, 2010 IEEE SMC, and the Organizer, Committeeman of many international seminars./p>
xv. In recent years, Professor Lin published more than 130 technical papers.
xvi. More than ten Awards of Academic Competitions.
Domestic and international academic services: Corresponding member - The Russia International Engineering Academic International Advisory committee, 2017 International Conference on Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology Deputy Head of Committee, Joint Commission of Technological and Vocational College Admission Committee member, Science & Technology Policy Research and Information Center Committee member, National Science & Technology Development Fund, Executive Yuan Head of committee, The 26th National Innovation & Creation Awards Editor, Chinese Society of Mechanical Engineers Head of committee, Taipei International Invention Show & Technomart Conference Chairman, Conference on Taiwan Society of Engineering Technology & Practical Medicine Conference Chairman and Keynote Speaker, 2016 International Conference on Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology Distinguished Professor, National Taipei University of Technology Conference Chairman, 2015 Annual Conference in Vacuum Technology, Taiwan Conference Co-Chairman, 12th International Symposium on Measurement Technology and Intelligent Instruments Best poster Award, 2014 National Thin Films Conference Masterpiece Award, 2014 National Innovation & Creation Competition for Technical University Conference Co-Chairman, International Conference of Asian Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology Committee member, 2012 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Best Researcher Award, College of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology Deputy Head of Committee, Joint Commission of Technological and Vocational College Admission Host member, International Symposium on Robotics ISR 2012 Outstanding Alumni Award, National Taiwan University of Science & Technology Outstanding Alumni Award, National Taipei University of Technology Keynote speaker, International Thin Films Conference TACT 2011 Committee member, IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, (SMC2010), Istanbul, Turkey
6. Details of research work carried out 研究與發展
As for research, Professor Lin efforts focus on mechanical engineering, coating technology, mechatronic, nanotechnology(esp. in diamond coating technology), just like diamond films, DLC, CNTs, nano-diamond films, ultra-nano-diamond films, untra-nano-diamond wire(rods) etc..
Professor Lin established Diamond Group and Thin Film Lab. Many novel and high practicality studies are proceeding, such as novel hard coating technique, nano material applications in opto-electro-mechanical, fuel cell, various optical thin films design, nano diamond thin film, Carbon nanotubes, light reflection thin film, novel coating technology on plastic, and so on.
There are many homemade and advanced instruments on Thin Film Lab. Such as MPCVD, MPJCVD, RF-sputter, ion implanter, fuel cell, fuel cell test station, thin film adhesion test machines etc..
Professor Lin has abundant experiences in cooperation with industrial companies, and many qualified papers have been published in the international journal. The following describes some of the study objectives:
(i) On Surface Plasmon Resonance:
Although metal doping in diamond like carbon (DLC) films prepared by chemical/physical vapour deposition techniques had been the issue of obtaining a new class of materials in nineties, but the difficulty of dispersing the metal particles homogeneously in the DLC matrix by the techniques used by the researchers was found to be difficult. The metal particles were found to form clusters in the DLC matrix and formed carbide clusters in case of carbide forming metals. Major effort was directed towards reducing the residual stress in the DLC coating. But, DLC films being a large band gap material, metal inclusion in nano-crystalline form should also reveal interesting optical properties like surface plasmon resonance in these classes of composite materials. Studies on the optical properties of composite materials composed of ultra-fine metal particles (Ag, Cu etc) having different grain sizes as well as inter-grain distances embedded in diamond like carbon (DLC) matrix were carried out. The composite films were prepared by simple RF Sputtering and Microwave Plasma Jet Vapor Deposition technique which are a cheap and scalable technique besides being capable of depositing films on irregular surfaces. Optical absorption studies in these materials having technological applications were critically studied.
(ii) Programme on CNTs Graphine based sensor device:
Development of sensors for detecting various chemical species and gases in many industrial, medical, environmental pollution control and commercial applications is in great need. Metal oxide gas sensors have been the subjects of large number of investigations during the past. Most of the sensors based on oxide materials showed better and acceptable sensing behaviour at significantly higher temperatures. The growing need for the development of room temperature sensors to be used in explosive ambience, and development of sensing materials which would be able to detect gases.
In this regard, carbon nanotubes (CNTs) is emerging as a promising candidate since the surface area of the CNTs is very large and there are indications that electrical properties might change at room temperature. Due to their fascinating physical and chemical properties, CNTs have emerged as ideal candidates for nanoscale devices. A number of techniques are available to synthesis carbon nanotube, most common of which are arc discharge, laser ablation and Chemical Vapour deposition processes. But all these synthesis techniques inherently produce carbon nanotubes along with various impurities in the form of amorphous carbon, metal catalysts and many carbonaceous particles etc. It needed further purification to produce high quality CNTs for device applications. So the challenge still lies on the large-scale synthesis of CNTs directly onto the wafer/substrate in their purest form and in a very cost-effective way. This has ushered a new hope to develop room temperature sensors for methane detection based on CNTs.
This research has been directed towards the synthesis and characterization of Carbon nanotubes and nanodiamond rod by adopting cost-effective and scalable vapour deposition technique for methane gas sensor applications. The films were deposited onto silicon and SnO2 –coated glass substrates. The films were characterized (TEM, SEM, EDAX, Raman Spectroscopy, FTIR, Glancing angle X-ray, AFM etc.) to understand the growth process so that films having higher sensitivity for gas detection could be obtained. Efficiency of retrieving the chemically active surface are still being studied critically.
During the course of synthesizing the films and characterizing them, Professor Lin utilized several techniques for charaterization like XRD, UV-VIS-NIR spectrophotometer, SEM, TEM, AFM, EDS, PL, Raman measurements, I-V and C-V measurement, ac and dc conductivity, FTIR etc quite extensively.
(iii) Breakthrough the barrier of intelligent CVD System also be the target of Professor Lin’s research, and how to use the mathematical calculation method to solve this issues were development.
(iv) More than 30 projects were performed by Professor Lin during the decade late. These projects came from the National Science Council, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Industry, business, and so on. Professor Lin also transferred the RF PVD target novel technology to Ritec. Co. etc..
7. List of Publications of International SCI and EI papers late (the late five years)近年論文發表:
-  C.-R. Lin, M.-K. BenDao, C.-W. Liou, Effects of Surface Modification on Improvement of Diamond Coating on Tungsten Carbide Cutting Tool, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research, 5 (2016) 168–171.
-  W.C. Tsai, D.Y. Hueng, C.R. Lin, T.C.K. Yang, H.W. Gao, Nrf2 expressions correlate with WHO grades in gliomas and meningiomas, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 17 (2016) 722.
-  H. Y. Hsu, C. R. Lin, M. K. BenDao, C. W. Liu, Preparation of diamond-like carbon films at room temperature for ultraviolet detecting application, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, accepted Sep. 2016.
-  C. R. Lin, H. Y. Hsu, M. K. BenDao, C. W. Liu, W. E. Chen, H. H. Chang, and P. C. Pan, Development of metallic interlayer for nucleation of nanocrystalline diamond films toward MSM diamond-based photodectector applications, Physica Status Solidi A - Applications and Materials Science. (be published in 2017)
-  C. R. Lin, C. W. Liu, M. K. BenDao, W. E. C, and H. Y Hsu, Effect of argon plasma pretreatment on diamond-like carbon films deposited on polymer substrate toward encapsulating layer for flexible display devices, Journal of Nanomaterials. (be published in 2017).
-  C. R. Lin, M. K. BenDao, C. W. Liu, H. Y. Hsu, and J. A. Lee, Fabrication and electrochemistry characteristics of nickel-doped diamond-like carbon film toward applications in non-enzymatic glucose detection, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids. (be published in 2017).
-  C.-J. Lin, C.-R. Lin, S.-K. Yu, and C.-T. Chen, “Hysteresis modeling and tracking control for a dual pneumatic artificial muscle system using Prandtl-Ishlinskii model,” Mechatronics, vol. 28, 2015.
-  C.-J. Lin, C.-R. Lin, S.-K. Yu, and C.-C. Han, Singularity avoidance for a redundant robot using fuzzy motion planning, vol. 479–480. 2014.
-  K.-Y. Peng, Y.-H. Ho, M.-C. Tsai, C.-R. Lin, P.-K. Wei, and D.-H. Wei, “Highly transparent and rub resistive nanostructured diamond-like carbon protective coatings for display application,” in Digest of Technical Papers - SID International Symposium, 2014, vol. 45, no. 1.
-  K.-Y. Peng, D.-H. Wei, C.-R. Lin, Y.-C. Yu, Y.-D. Yao, and H.-M. Lin, “Hydrophobic and high transparent honeycomb diamond-like carbon thin film fabricated by facile self-assembled nanosphere lithography,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 53, no. 5 SPEC. IS, 2014.
-  J.-H. Chou, C.-M. Hsu, S.-Y. Wang, C.-R. Lin, and J.-Y. Jhuang, “Characterizing microwave power in a MPCVD system using gaussian mixture modeling,” Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences, vol. 8, no. 6, 2014.
-  C. R. Lin, D. H. Wei, and M. K. Bendao, Effects of nitrogen doping on nanocrystalline diamond/p-type Si toward solar cell applications, vol. 918. 2014.
-  C.-R. Lin, H.-M. Chang, M.-K. Bendao, H. H. Chiang, and W.-E. Chen, “Fabrication of antireflection nanodiamond particle film by the spin coating deposition technique,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2014, 2014.
-  C.-R. Lin, D.-H. Wei, M.-K. Bendao, H.-M. Chang, W.-E. Chen, and J.-A. Lee, “Effects of surface modification of nanodiamond particles for nucleation enhancement during its film growth by microwave plasma jet chemical vapour deposition technique,” Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2014, 2014.
-  C.-J. Lin, C.-R. Lin, and S.-K. Yu, “Computer-integrated micro-assembling with image-servo system using ANN,” Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences, vol. 8, no. 1, 2014.
-  C.-J. Lin, C.-R. Lin, S.-K. Yu, and C.-R. Hsu, “Enhanced sliding mode control with CEMF compensation for tracking control of a piezoactuated flexure-based mechanism,” Advances in Mechanical Engineering, vol. 2014, 2014.
-  C. R. Lin, D. H. Wei, M. K. BenDao, W. E. Chen, and T. Y. Liu, “Development of high-performance UV detector using nanocrystalline diamond thin film,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2014, 2014.
-  C.-J. Lin, C.-R. Lin, and S.-K. Yu, “Computer-integrated micro-assembling with image-servo system using ANN,” Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences, vol. 8, no. 1 L, 2014.
-  C.-R. Lin, D.-H. Wei, M.-K. BenDao, R.-J. Chung, and M.-H. Chang, Nanocrystalline diamond particles prepared by high-energy ball milling method, vol. 284–287. 2013.
-  W.-H. Liao, C.-R. Lin, and D.-H. Wei, “Effect of CH4 concentration on the growth behavior, structure, and transparent properties of ultrananocrystalline diamond films synthesized by focused microwave Ar/CH4/H2 plasma jets,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 270, 2013.
-  Y.-C. Lin, W.-S. Chen, B.-Y. Lee, T.-C. Hung, and C.-R. Lin, “A novel circular polarization RFID reader antenna with a multi-bending feeding strip for handheld applications,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, vol. 39, 2013.
-  C.-R. Lin, H.-M. Chang, and C.-K. Chang, “Fabrication of high transparency diamond-like carbon film coating on D263T glass at room temperature as an antireflection layer,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2013, 2013.
-  C.-J. Lin, H.-T. Yau, C.-R. Lin, and C.-R. Hsu, “Simulation and experimental analysis for hysteresis behavior of a piezoelectric actuated micro stage using modified charge system search,” Microsystem Technologies, vol. 19, no. 11, 2013.
-  C.-R. Lin, W.-H. Liao, D.-H. Wei, Y.-R. Shen, C.-L. Chen, C.-L. Dong, and W.-C. Fang, “Fabrication of highly transparent ultrananocrystalline diamond films from focused microwave plasma jets,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 231, 2013.
-  C.-H. Chao, M.-Y. Chen, C.-R. Lin, Y.-C. Yu, Y.-D. Yao, and D.-H. Wei, “Postannealing effect at various gas ambients on Ohmic contacts of Pt/ZnO nanobilayers toward ultraviolet photodetectors,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2013, 2013.
-  W.-H. Liao, C.-R. Lin, D.-H. Wei, Y.-R. Shen, Y.-C. Li, J.-A. Lee, and C.-Y. Liang, “Concurrent improvement in biocompatibility and bioinertness of diamond-like carbon films with nitrogen doping,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part A, vol. 100 A, no. 11, 2012.
-  C. Lin, S. Liu, W. Liou, and C. Chang, “Improving the high frequency response of a loudspeaker using hydrogen-free diamond-like carbon film coating at low temperature,” Science China: Physics, Mechanics and Astronomy, vol. 55, no. 3, 2012.
-  W.-H. Liao, D.-H. Wei, and C.-R. Lin, “Synthesis of highly transparent ultrananocrystalline diamond films from a low-pressure, low-temperature focused microwave plasma jet,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 7, 2012.
-  C.-J. Lin, C.-R. Lin, S.-K. Yu, and G.-X. Liu, “Development of wireless torque sensing based on surface acoustic wave devices using embedded microchip,” Advanced Science Letters, vol. 8, 2012.
-  D.-S. Lee, Y.-H. Liu, and C.-R. Lin, “A wireless sensor enabled by wireless power,” Sensors (Switzerland), vol. 12, no. 12, 2012.
-  C.-M. Hsu, J. H. Chou, C.-Y. Lin, and C.-R. Lin, “Raman Spectral Analysis of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes Using a Hierarchical Gaussian Mixture Modeling,” Advanced Science Letters, vol. 9, 2012.
-  C.-R. Lin, D.-H. Wei, C.-K. Chang, W.-H. Liao, and K. Ran Peng, “Diamond-like carbon films deposited at room temperature on flexible plastics substrates for antireflection coating,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 50, no. 3, 2011.
-  C.-R. Lin, W.-H. Liao, D.-H. Wei, J.-S. Tsai, C.-K. Chang, and W.-C. Fang, “Formation of ultrananocrystalline diamond films with nitrogen addition,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 20, no. 3, 2011.
-  S.-K. Du, J.-C. Chang, C.-H. Kao, T.-C. Hung, and C.-R. Lin, “Effects of various substrate openings for electronic cooling under forced and natural convection,” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 78, 2011.
-  Y.-C. Lin, T.-C. Hung, and C.-R. Lin, “A novel end-shorted printed open loop antenna for IEEE 802.15 2.4 GHz wireless sensor network platform applications,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 59, no. 1, 2011.
-  C.-R. Lin, S.-H. Liu, W.-J. Liou, and C.-K. Chang, “Improvement in the frequency response of loudspeakers by using diamond-like carbon film coatings,” Materials Transactions, vol. 52, no. 10, 2011.
-  C. R. Lin, D. H. Wei, C. K. Chang, and W. H. Liao, “Optical properties of Diamond-like Carbon films for antireflection coating by RF magnetron sputtering method,” in Physics Procedia, 2011, vol. 18.
-  R. S. Chen, T. H. Yang, H. Y. Chen, L. C. Chen, K. H. Chen, Y. J. Yang, C. H. Su, and C. R. Lin, “Photoconduction mechanism of oxygen sensitization in InN nanowires,” Nanotechnology, vol. 22, no. 42, 2011.
-  C.-R. Lin, W.-H. Liao, D.-H. Wei, C.-K. Chang, W.-C. Fang, C.-L. Chen, C.-L. Dong, J.-L. Chen, and J.-H. Guo, “Improvement on the synthesis technique of ultrananocrystalline diamond films by using microwave plasma jet chemical vapor deposition,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 326, no. 1, 2011.
-  C. R. Lin, W. H. Liao, D. H. Wei, and C. K. Chang, “Fabrication of nanogranular diamond films by MPJCVD system,” in Physics Procedia, 2011, vol. 18.
C.-C. Wang, M.-C. Wu, S.-Y. Ou, K.-J. Lin, and C.-R. Lin, “Analysis and research on maximum power point tracking of photovoltaic array with Fuzzy Logic Control and Three-point Weight Comparison Method,” Science China Technological Sciences, vol. 53, no. 8, 2010.
8. Life member of參與學術社團活動:
- 1. Been an AAAS member of USA
- 2. Been a member of New York Academy of USA
- 3. Member of Council of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society.
- 4. Director of Taiwan Association of Coating Technology.
- 5. Member of Taiwan Foundry Society.
- 6. Member of Taiwan Automation Association.
- 7. Member of Taiwan Mechanics Society.
- 8. Be the Visiting Professor of Kunming University of Science and Technology (KUST), China.
- 9. as a member of International Engineering Academy, Russia.
- 10. Reviewer of Thin Solid Films, Surface Coating & Technology, J. of Physics and Chemistry, etc..